Information on the company
Our client is a communications consultancy operating in the UK. They offer full support with events, training, digital and creative media production.
This is a graduate entry 12 month contract paying £19-20K per annum and would suit someone who has:
- An interest in pursuing a career in PR
- Strong copywriting skills
- A genuine interest in current affairs
- Can write well, creatively and fast
- Be comfortable/interested with digital and social
- Desire to work in PR/comms
- Working on professional services, health, social enterprise etc
Journalism or PR degree would be desirable but not a must. You will be working on professional services, health, social enterprise etc
How you can expect to spend your day:
- Assisting with the writing of coherent and factually accurate press releases.
- Copy writing as directed by the Account Manager and Director.
- To be responsible for all client liaison of relevance to the role and as directed by the Account Manager.
- Managing social media accounts and any associated content creation as well as liaising with the client on their requirements.
- Assist the Account Manager collating the transport and planning information on a daily basis
- Identifying publicity opportunities as directed; in particular those relevant to the sectors
- Producing copy for reports, news letters, company website, intranet and social media, internal briefings and twitter where directed
- Developing and understanding of how to approach building relationships with journalists
- Managing the process of press release distribution as directed
- Helping to sell items into the media as and when directed
- Assisting in the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc
- To assist in the preparation for presentations to existing clients and at new business pitches
- Liaise with a small portfolio of clients at a junior level, building relationships and networking
- Undertake media and administration research for new business pitches and current client programmes as required
- Responsible for assisting the Account Manager in writing all day to day written material for the client, including press releases, features, statements, Q&A’s, speeches, presentations etc
- Support the Account Manager on their more senior accounts within the desired sector
- Assist the Account Manager to help develop proposals for new business
- Identify or signpost opportunities to sell other Freshwater services, to the Director where appropriate
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Working as an Account Executive/Account Assistant in a similar PR role
- Experience of junior level account management programmes and processes
- Experience of attending pitches and new business presentations
- Good networking skills
- Cultivate excellent relationships with journalists and media partners
- Negotiate and influence at all levels within an organisation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within an organisation
- Ability to use initiative