Title: Marketing and Events Executive | £18K | Tech Start Up | London
Industry: Creative industries
Role/Sector: Marketing | Events | Admin
Location: Central London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £18,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
A tech start-up who have built an innovative platform for event management professionals to be inspired and access unique suppliers from the event management industry. This platform is aimed at event planners of all types and sizes, efficiently sharing knowledge and making it easier to create the best events, whatever the occasion.
This is a 6 month internship paying £18K pro rata with the potential for a permanent job all things being well
How can you expect to spend your day?
This event tech start-up is now getting set for launch! Your tasks are key to a successful launch and include...
• Finalising the company website, researching and adding content and key brand messaging
• Quality checking the information on the platform directory ensuring it is accurate and up to date
• Building supplier profile pages, checking things like company logos and descriptions are well written and positioned
• Assisting with the company’s marketing strategy
• Delivering social media engagement, press release writing and email marketing in advance of the launch
• Writing travel and event blogs.
• Supporting the team on planning live events including networking events, trade shows (UK and overseas), conferences and seminars
• Other ad hoc duties as they arise, it is start up world after all!
What are the ideal intern’s skills, personality and qualifications?
• A passion for events and tech
• Excited by the challenge of launching a new product to market, hungry and determined to make things happen
• Familiar working with social media channels
• Educated to degree level
• Strong written English and articulate
• Detail orientated and can spot the missing information easily
• Comfortable working in a small start-up environment, adaptable and flexible
• Sociable, friendly, happy to talk to people over the phone and in person
What are the perks of working here?
• Exciting tech start up
• Fastrack into the world of international events
• Chance to be involved with a product launch
• Lots of evening events and socialising for work
• Early responsbility
• Opportunity to build a great connection book in the event and tech space
• Travel in the UK and overseas
• Flexible working, initially from home and then in a cool co working space from August 2018