Information on the company
Our client is an award-winning international hospitality company. Their innovative hotels can be found across the globe, but their headquarters are in London.
This is a 6 month internship paying £18,000 pro rata with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
The Email Marketing Executive will be fully trained in how to use the following platforms:
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud – this platform is used to build and send our promotional email activity. The platform stores our subscriber email database for targeting and allows us to report back on how the email has performed.
- Google Analytics – this platform allows us to report on bookings and revenue made from an email campaign.
- Umbraco Content Management System – this platform allows us to add / edit content on the website
- Live Clicker – this platform allows to create live email content including countdown timers, weather updates, video and animated giffs.
How can you expect to spend your day?
- Manage promotional email activity and take up the reins by building and sending an increased volume of email volume for the business.
- Work with the E-Commerce and CRM Manager to manage the email marketing calendar, ensuring key business priorities are covered in email messaging.
- Write creative content including copy and image creation in Adobe Photoshop.
- Ensure the database is targeted appropriately.
- QA and test email campaigns on both mobile and desktop prior to dispatch.
- Manage the promotional email marketing results and provide opens, clicks and revenue figures per campaign to the E-Commerce and CRM Manager.
- Analyse email results and make recommendations for future sends.
- Ensure click through content on the website is appropriate, on brand and consistent with email content.
- Support and assist the wider Digital Marketing team with website content updates including copy and photography, website testing prior to website deployments, and paid-social campaigns including customer audience definitions and boost social content for maximum engagement and exposure.
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
- An understanding of HTML for email build and email template amendments.
- Experience in copy writing and image creation in Adobe Photoshop.
- Proactive problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Ability to manage workload independently.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills.
- Quick to grasp new systems and processes.
- Commercially aware and be able to see how their role fits into the bigger picture.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with an email service provider is desirable however the candidate will be fully trained in our own systems.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• From a career development perspective, this is a great opportunity to fast track your marketing career by supporting two marketing managers who look after two quite different types of marketing and therefore will develop a more comprehensive marketing experience for you.
• Work for an internationally recognised brand which will look great on any CV.
• Unlimited tea and coffee in the office.
• Work in a genuinely friendly office environment in a great central London location.
• You will be asked to spend the night in one of the UK hotels to gain first-hand experience of the product you will be helping promote to market.