Information on the company
Our client is a London-based startup looking to disrupt the children’s publishing and educational technology markets with an ambition to grow into a global children’s brand. They were founded in 2018 by a London-based writer and storyteller and the current team includes experienced entrepreneurs and scale up specialists and are part of the London 2019 Techstars cohort. Their purpose as an organisation is to turn learning into a magical game for children around the world and we are looking for individuals who want to help us deliver that.
This is a permanent role offering £18K - £23K depending on experience based in a co working space in Central London
Day-to-day activities will include…
We are looking for a Marketing Associate to join our team and help let the world know about our product and grow our amazing community. Working directly with the CMO, you’ll be getting involved in every element of the marketing mix, but will particularly take responsibility for all our
owned content - across email, social and the website.
- Social media and content strategy: working closely with our CMO, determine which platforms we should be focusing on, what kind of content will work in each and the calendar for posting
- Creating and posting content across social, email and web: create content (copywriting), leveraging our network of writers and content from our Creative Director where necessary and then post / distribute across all our owned channels
- Engaging our community: come up with creative ways to engage our community that are on brand and consistent in terms of style and quality
- Get stuck in to all kinds of other challenges across marketing and business development
- We’re constantly testing new activities and channels and you’ll need to be flexible and willing to get involved in lots of different things, from events through to retail partnerships!
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications…
- You need to be passionate about our purpose - to turn learning into a magical game for children around the world!
- A creative thinker with the ability to write engaging copy and come up with inventive ways to engage our community
- A good sense of humour - Banjo is funny and you need to be able to embody that fun spirit!
- An analytical eye - you don’t need to be a prizewinning mathematician, but great marketing is equal measure creativity and numbers and you need some balance in your approach
- Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work with some uncertainty. Working in a startup can be hard work and forever changing so this is a must!
What are the perks of working at this company?
- An incredible opportunity to join the team at an early stage and influence the development of a global children’s brand!
- A high pace and fun working environment
- 25 days holiday (exc Bank Holidays)
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Female founded company