Information on the company
Our client is an insights, analytics and consultancy business in the very exciting field of advertising technology.
Their website scanning technology and insights tools allows their clients to; understand how their website and their ad technologies are performing, identify privacy issues, improve website performance, boost advertising revenue and reduce compliance risk.
A global business in one of the hottest topics in advertising -as there is a strong need for more accountability and transparency in the industry.
This is a 3 month Developer internship, paying £25k per annum designed to convert to a permanent graduate position.
The role and responsibilities:
We’re a small start-up, experiencing some really high growth and we’re looking for a recent graduate to come on board as a backend developer - it’s a fantastic role for a graduate where you can expect to up-skill fast and be involved in multiple areas outside of your immediate remit.
Day to day responsibilities of the role include:
- Main focus on coding and debugging of the back end code
- Updating and improving current backend scripts to support more business use cases
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Integration of user-facing elements developed on the front-end with server side logic
- Using our website scanning tool to capture data that will feed into our Big Data environment
- Learning how to use analytics and Big Data tools (Tableau and Google Big Query in particular)
- Working closely with the Co-founders and will get the opportunity to understand the inner workings of a start-up
The ideal candidates’ skills and qualifications:
- A degree in Computer Science
- The ability to quickly grasp and understand new business systems
- Analytical mindset that enjoys problem solving. Look for solutions, not problems
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail is a key skill
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and take ownership of tasks
- Proactive self-starter who demonstrates a desire to go above what is expected.
- Able to thrive on working in a fast paced, start-up environment
- Our business is built on the foundation of being Humble, Hungry & Hardworking. These are the key attributes that we are looking for.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- We’re a young and fast-growing start-up so there are real opportunities to learn and contribute to the development of the technology
- You have the opportunity to join a Globally recognised start-up (Icom Global Data Start-up Challenge finalist – 2019)
- We’re at the heart of driving transparency in digital advertising and the data and insights that the successful candidate will see will enable them to get an unparalleled understanding of what is happening in this multi-billion-pound industry
- You will get to work with globally recognised brands and clients that are based in other markets (CNN, Haymarket, IDG, DC Thomson to name just a few of our clients)
- You will also get to work very closely with the Co-founders and learn from our combined 30+ years of experience.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to expand their analytical skills, gain international client-facing experience and develop an understanding of global market dynamics in the digital advertising industry.
* No cover letters, please just submit your CV to be considered*