Information on the company
Our client is a revolutionary, trail blazing, award winning health tech company that improves the lives of those living with dementia. Their incredible new technology focuses on improving the lives of those with moderate to late stage dementia, a disease that it the biggest killer of people in the UK today. Developed along side a PHD student, their series of interactive light projected games improve the physical, social and cognitive wellbeing of people living with dementia. They have also recently released a new version of their games for people (adults and children) living with learning disabilities.
They provide their product to care homes, hospitals and libraries in the UK, helping to improve the lives of their residents and service users. They have appeared on Sky, the BBC and the Guardian.
This is a 6 month internship offering £19 - £22K pro rata with the opportunity for a permanent position all things being well
A new position as the company expands rapidly in 2019, you will play an important role in the installation of the Dementia games machine across the UK and Ireland. Liaising with all parts of the business, especially the installers team, you’ll ensure each and every installation is personalised and of a high standard, meeting the client’s needs. You’ll need to think on your feet, be creative in finding solutions to challenges and ensure that clients clearly understand the installation process; from the moment an order is placed to the moment the installation is complete. Success in your role will mean our installer teams are confident, informed and prepared to carry out a successful installation.
Day-to-day activities will include…
- Playing an important role in the installation of the product across the UK and Ireland
- Owning the customer journey from when the order is placed to when the product is installed
- Liaising with all parts of the business, especially the installers team, ensuring each and every installation is personalised, of a high standard ensuring client needs are met
- Ensuring the installation teams are confident, well informed and prepared to carry out an installation with a smile on their face
- Responding to client enquires via phone and email, explaining the benefits of the product
- Updating records on the CRM system
- Making arrangements for the connections and installations team to install the product on client premises
- Providing training and guidance to staff in hospitals, libraries and care homes on how to use the product
- Communicating confidently, coherently and cheerfully with both client and installers.
- Representing the company and portraying the team’s vision and values in all communication.
- Contacting clients to offer support with preparing their site for the installation of Tovertafel.
- Working with the client, or their representative, to ensure all key preparation needs are met.
- Sharing key information with the installer so they are confident and prepared to carry out a successful install.
- Liaising with the client and installer to arrange an installation date that is viable for all parties including Shift8*.
- Collating and distributing documentation pre- and post-installation.
- Keeping track of stock and location
- Adhere to, and keep up to date with, Shift8* protocols, processes and systems.
- Communicate with both sales and post-sales teams so that the client’s journey with Shift8* is both smooth and enjoyable
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications...
- Passion for improving the lives of those living with dementia
- Interest in the start up world, must be adaptable and flexible to quickly changing business needs
- Be able to think on your feet, be creative in finding solutions to challenges
- Great customer service experience, able to explain the product with lots of patience, simply and clearly
- Happy to pick up the phone and talk to customers
- Great written communication
- Roll up sleeves and get stuck in attitude
- Have confidence in the use of IT
- Have high level of planning, time management and organisational skills
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work independently and adapt to the changing world of a rapidly developing social-enterprise
- Be very proactive and be highly motivated to help us achieve our aims
- Sense of fun and happy to work as part of a small, close-knit team
- Shares company values, with an ability to demonstrate and work to these every day
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Inspiring founder, who is the leading light in Dementia technology
- The chance to improve the lives of those living with dementia and their families and friends.. huge feel good factor
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with a passionate group of people who are committed to changing the care world through innovative technology
- Rapidly growing business in a short space of time and they want that to continue through the help of good quality people
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people involved in the UK’s care industry
- Improving care for Dementia clients in hospitals and care homes
- Award winning company
Apply for this role