Information on the company
Our client is dedicated to meet the learning, development and networking objectives of senior business leaders and assist them within developing leadership growth via bringing impeccable quality to both the offline meetings and the online content experience.
Founded and located at the heart of Tech City UK, they are developing and delivering content focusing on three areas: Management skills, Advancing business experiences and Access to relevant practical case studies. Every year it organises high-end business summits globally and inform, inspire and connect international senior professionals and C-suite executives from across industry.
Companies they work with include: Google, Alibaba, Rolls-Royce, Johnson & Johnson, Skyscanner, MSD, BNP Paribas, Tesco, Siemens, ANZ, Spotify and many more...
This is a 3 month internship paying National Minimum Wage, based in Central London, designed to lead to a full-time graduate position provided all goes well.
Key responsibilities of the role:
As a conference producer, you will be the owner of your own events and projects from day one and get involved in overseeing a team. You will develop 'must-attend' conferences, from inception to the final delivery, for both established and new launch events within a variety of sectors including data science, analytics and IT management.
You will be involved in:
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Undertaking extensive and in-depth pre-event researches and competitor studies to the target market
- To ensure original and compelling content can be created
- Writing conference programme content based on research, market and insights acquired from previous events
- Speaker acquisition ensuring the most senior and exciting speakers are included in your stage line-up
- Relationship management, maintain a good and stable relationship with all the previous, confirmed and potential speakers and be an active player in the international community of the company’s global network of prestigious speakers
- Identifying new business potential in terms of topics, market and regions to move into.
- You need to closely follow up the business world and technology information under certain topics, and have the ability to collect information and to grasp the trends, integrating them into your own events as topics
- You need to talk to the experts to get the best insights for your event topics, programme and speaker selections
- Speaker Acquisition & Relationship Management
- Identify truly qualified speakers and people who could become speakers in the future
- Network, grow and develop relationship with your speakers
- Write up all the materials about your event, including event factsheet, speaker invitations, event website copywriting, event brochure, and other materials needed
- Work with the marketing team, plan and implement social media post for your events to attract traffic and attention
- Conduct interviews with experts, speakers and business owners, design tailored questions, conduct the interview, and write articles based on the interview
- Develop an event from inception to delivery, including hiring speakers, producing agendas and delivering the event onsite
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Work with sales, marketing and creative
- Marketing - offer ideas for email marketing and proof the messages in marketing campaigns, and support the social media marketing
- Work with sales and know the persona of your audiences very well, acquire new customers and upsell your event
This is a small start-up team but everyone within it is highly motivated, self-driven and ambitious.
As a high-end start-up they have a flat structure which means responsibility and autonomy from day one. They all pull together to help and support each other and you!
To fit in this fast-moving and vibrant team, you must be the person who:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Is a true believer in lifelong learning and has a genuine interest in the business world, this is the essential
- Proactive, tenacious and determined to deliver the performance within agreed deadlines, even under pressure
- Result-driven, focused and efficient • Has very strong interpersonal skills and is capable of communicating with senior industry executives as peers • Be able to work both independently, as well as part of an international and diverse team to deliver top level performance
- Skilful time management skills
- Is meticulous and has a keen eye on details
- Banter will get extra bonus!
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Degree educated. Events organising experience desirable but not essential
- It doesn't matter which industry sector you have specialised in, although familiarity/comfort with more technical subjects might prove an advantage.
- Excellent written English skills (native English speaker)
- Microsoft Office Tools (Words, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Project management and time management skills or experiences, able to meet agreed deadlines with excellent attention to details
- Sound communication skills and a team person that can fit in an international and diverse culture
- Self-motivated and result-orientated
- Analytical and innovative thinker
- Apple hardware and gadgets that you need to be productive
- An awesome and vibrant working environment at WeWork and all the benefits as a WeWork global member
- Weekly office fruits and snacks
- Bi-weekly office massages
- Team lunches and drinks
- Frequent international business trips with star airlines and living at 4 and 5-star hotels
- 20 Paid Holidays + National Holidays
- After transferring into the permanent role, a competitive starting salary plus commissions and bonus
- What’s more… You’ll have loads of opportunities to meet, network and communicate with business elites from Fortune 500, most sought-after start-ups from across-industries globally. Every day is a school day with the best teachers in the business world.
Apply for this role