Information on the company
For over 20 years, our client has been a beacon of inspiration, innovation and thought-leadership; helping businesses chart their course to success with their insightful and industry-focused events. As an independent events company, our client's expertise lies in producing first class international events that meet the challenges facing executives and businesses today. From Mining, Natural Resources & Commodities, Finance & Investment; Technology, eCommerce to Gaming events, our goal is to provide the perfect platform where senior executives, professionals and industry leaders come together to gain critical market intelligence, network and do business around the globe.
With offices in Hong Kong, London, Toronto and Australia and established events in Toronto, Vancouver, London, New York, Hong Kong, Helsinki, Brisbane and Melbourne; the right candidate will have an opportunity to work with people from the most senior levels, from across the globe.
This is a permanent role offering £24K plus bonus based in Central London.
Our client brings together mining companies and investors at events around the world including Hong Kong, London, Toronto and Australia. Your role is to source, build and manage relationships with investors around the world, bringing them together at these events, whilst fulling understanding what type of investments they are looking to make.
Day-to-day activities will include…
- Sourcing and managing the relationships with investors within the mining sector around the world, closely linked with the location of the mining investment events around the world including Hong Kong, London, Toronto and Australia and established events in Toronto, Vancouver, London, New York, Hong Kong, Helsinki, Brisbane and Melbourne.
- Researching the investors, product and industry to build a complete understanding of the ideal individuals for each event
- Speaking with decision makers about their business investment plans and selling the company capability to directly match their wants to opportunities, based on our unique market and sector intelligence
- Talking and listening to the financiers will enable you to identify their areas of interest and share this valuable leads with the sales team
- The detailed identification of needs and opportunities between the two sides of the event is critical to ensure client satisfaction and repeat booking. (The two sides being the investors and the mining companies)
- Become the company lead for the database and highlighting key opportunities and options. Potentially creating a weekly newsletter based on feasibility studies
- Looking at the value of creating a Fund Managers’ club
- Managing the Magic (CRM) database to make sure the information is correct for each individual and the relational aspects are developed to aid effective marketing activities
- Building the database; adding researched contacts for each campaign; with detailed tagging to build a detailed, future pipeline for all events
- Creating a global pipeline on Magic and reporting on the activities weekly for each even
- Liaising with other team members. This role creates currency for the SpEx teams to sell and the marketing teams to promote the events
- Engaging with investors on the phone, via social media and via email
- Creating marketing materials for the marketing managers and sales team to utilise
- Updating the website using information gathered from the investors and making sure we have the correct words and phrases to maximise SEO
- Working with the meetings service to ensure that investors get maximum return on their time investment
- Following up with investors to understand the value they gained from the event, ways we can improve the events, companies they would like to engage with and generate testimonials
- Proactively prospecting to identify a strong pipeline of new business. Ensure you are well informed and credible when discussing the opportunity
- Building strong and enduring personal relationships with new & existing clients
- Prepared for and connected to the right decision maker with an explicit purpose, outcome and insightful questioning approach
- Excel at demonstrating and understanding the value that our proposition provides to its clients
- Identifying client needs and consulting with them about the right product solution to ensure a successful outcome and delivering a demonstrable ROI
- Networking with existing and new clients to identify new opportunities. Resourcefully using your network to deepen your product and market knowledge
- Meeting and exceeding all KPI’s and targets. Bonuses are uncapped – excellence is rewarded
- Sharing successes and learning, experiences and knowledge with the rest of the team; creating a supportive and collaborative culture
- Working closely with marketing to create delegate maximisation plan
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications…
- A dynamic individual with excellent communication and engagement skills, able to easily build relationships
- Professional, determined, and motivated individual who is not afraid to work hard to deliver results and enjoying winning new business
- Excellent phone manner and be able to network with senior individuals at several events across the year
- Listening is a key skill to identify client needs and be able to match requirements across the breadth of the event
- Degree or masters in Economics/ Finance/ Marketing
- Strong digital skills
- Highly motivated, resilient and have illustrated achievement of performance in their track record, driven to hit KPIs
- The events are spread across several time zones. The candidate will need to be flexible about their working hours and change throughout the year to ensure they can connect with all regions
- Comfortable working within a team and contributing to its overall success
- Experience using CRM, ideally Salesforce to manage productivity and visibility of personal pipeline.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- A lucrative un-capped bonus structure with a very achievable KPIs. We aim to reward excellence and retain great team players
- Incentivised bonuses and prizes
- International travel
- Strong induction programme
- 25 days paid annual leave
- Regular training sessions focused upon professional development
- The opportunity for you to evolve your career within a fantastic company culture
- Great central location – nearest tubes Bank, monument & London Bridge
- Supportive, fun but professional team atmosphere.