Information on the company
This commercially minded yet not-for-profit body aims to improve the nation's health by encouraging people to be more active! They provide services and facilitate partnerships for a broad range of organisations.
Our client exists to serve any organisation with a role to play in, or benefit to be gained from getting more people, more active, more often. They will provide a supportive, professional and innovative platform for their partners to succeed in achieving their goals.
This is a permanent graduate job based in Central London with a starting salary of £22,000.
Our client is a commercially minded not-for-profit health body comprised of members and partners from across the UK physical activity sector. Their focus is a long-standing and uncompromising vision to get more people, more active, more often.
They achieve this by facilitating big impact partnerships, championing innovation, providing high quality services to their members, campaigning, providing research and sharing insight.
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic budding events professional to join us as an Events Assistant to help us to maintain the outstanding quality of our events portfolio whilst identifying ways to take them on to another level.
You will work in a busy events department reporting to the Events Project Manager to deliver events.
The Events Assistant will be trained to support the operational and planning elements involved in delivering the Event Portfolio. This role relies on excellent organisation and communication skills, the ability to delivery excellent work and to deliver all areas of both small & large Events.
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
- Deliver all elements of all events, working closely with the Events Project Manager to:
• Lead on delivery of assigned events delivering the critical path, ensuring deadlines are met and relevant areas are delegated across the events team and across departments
• Support in researching content, theme and speaker programme for events.
• Liaise with confirmed speakers, ensuring they are fully briefed and have all event details
• Conduct venue research and site visits
• Liaise with suppliers including venue and AV
• Monitor the budget for the assigned Events ensuring financial targets are achieved and the assigned Event KPIs as defined are achieved.
• For delivery of Events,
? Liaise with suppliers
? Plan and coordinate relevant sub-events/key milestones
? Support and liaise with the marketing department to ensure correct marketing of assigned event
? Support the Events Manager with creating briefing documents for suppliers, sponsors etc.
? Coordinate the creation of the event debrief reports
? Coordinate and deliver the communication outreach event attendees
• Ensure the event delegates book onto events, coordinating queries and delegate communication
• Support with the coordination of all staff at events, ensuring staff rotas and briefing documents are created and briefing meetings are delivered
• Keep up to date with event trends and new concepts to continually develop event experience
- Collaborate with the Client services team to communicate event information to ensure ticket sales and sponsorship relationships are managed and targets are met and to secure event sponsors and account management of sponsors at event.
- Liaise with event sponsors once confirmed as event partners to ensure they have all set up details and that their sponsorship contract is delivered
- Responsible for proactively working cross departmentally to brief teams about relevant events and ensure that all staff have required information
- Responsible for coordinating multiple projects/Events at the same time
- Problem solve as and when required, finding improved & new ways of working creating high impact delivery
- Maintain the vision and mission across all events
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
• A desire and interest to pursue a career in events
• Previous experience of working on events, minimum 18 months (or relevant experience)
• Experience of having worked on multiple events at the same time.
• Exposure to eTouches/ any Events Booking platform will be advantageous, but not required
• Highly accurate individual and multitasker
• Ability to work calmly under pressure
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• IT literate with expertise in Microsoft Office
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
• Work well as part of a team
• Demonstrate a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude and ability to work independently when necessary
• Presentable and professional at all times
• Passion for fitness and interest in the Physical Activity sector, preferable but not required
Apply for this role