Title: Event Management Assistant | £21K | Media & Events Agency | London
Industry: Creative industries
Role/Sector: Events | Media
Location: Central London
Placement: Graduate job (permanent)
Salary: £21,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
This exciting agency is a leading voice of European private equity, providing essential market intelligence, deal information and insight to Europe’s leading private equity firms, their lawyers, advisers, service providers and LPs. With one of the largest dedicated editorial teams in European private equity, they publish the latest news and analysis, hosts a huge deals archive and provides intelligence on the top GPs in Europe. They also organise some of the industry’s most prestigious award ceremonies and conferences. In addition to the fortnightly print magazine.
This is an entry level graduate job paying £21,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
In this job you will join the business as an Events Assistant, helping with the administration and operational logistics involved with delivering the company’s professional events portfolio. You will report to the Head of Events and work closely with the Events Director making this an amazing opportunity for a recent graduate looking to develop a successful career in the events industry.
• Answering phones and emails to the events desk.
• Management of delegate and attendee enquiries, ensuring they have all the information they need, sending out final delegate emails, etc.
• Manage communications with shortlisted candidates regarding judging day logistics.
• Create and design registration pages and website content through Eventsforce.
• Manage email communication with attendees, including automatic registration emails and ad-hoc.
• Register speakers, award judges and free attendees.
• Ensure the payment status of all attendees is kept up-to-date, including processing bookings on Workbooks.
• Take responsibility for the smooth-running of attendee registration at events e.g. badge accuracy, printing, name changes, etc.
• Create judging packs for awards judging days.
• Collate shortlist information such as logos, headshots, bios, etc.
• On event days assist with designing signage, table plan lists, place names, badges etc., along with the packing of materials.
• Proof-reading marketing and event content.
• Venue and catering searching for small dinners, breakfasts and round-table events.
• Sourcing suppliers for merchandise and event items e.g. trophies, lanyards, printed gifts, performers etc.
• Updating website information e.g. adding new programmes, speakers, judges, sponsor logos, shortlisted candidates and winners where necessary.
• Assisting in researching companies for awards submissions.
What are the ideal candidate’s skills, personality and experience?
• Educated to degree level.
• Prior experience working for an events company is preferred, otherwise someone passionate about starting a career in event management.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A clear, concise and confident communicator.
• Good written English.
• Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
• Open-minded with a positive approach to work.
• A flexible mindset to changing demands is important for event management as you don’t always know what will happen in a live event scenario.
• Eager and willing to learn lots of new skills quickly.
• Able to multitask and prioritise workload as required.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• 25 days’ leave per calendar year.
• 3 additional days during the Xmas period when we close the office (not taken from your annual entitlement).
• Your birthday off for free.
• Access to childcare voucher scheme.
• Access to bike loan scheme (up to £1000).
• Auto-enrolment salary sacrifice pension scheme (increased contribution to 2% later this year) after three months in the role.
• We leave at 5pm on Fridays.
• Life Assurance (4 x salary) once your probation passed.
• Subscription to Perkbox for tons of discounts and freebies – retail, fashion, health & wellbeing.
• Fresh fruit daily.
• Catch-ups with the CEO every last Friday of the month.
• Regular get-togethers including inter-team mingling.