Title: Business Analyst | £18K | Central London
Industry: Creative industries
Location: Central London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £18,000 (per annum)
Information on the companyOur client is the UK's best multimedia sales house. They represent many of the UK’s largest publishing groups, with sales operations in the North and South spanning inserts, print and digital. Their partners include publishers such as Telegraph Media Group, Guardian News & Media, Time Inc UK, The Spectator, Caravan & Motorhome Club and Hello! Magazine, to name a few.
Conduct research and analysis to assist the company in achieving its goals, particularly around revenue and profitability.
• Support the sales and management teams in their quest to generate revenue through producing timely, accurate and relevant publisher, publication, client and agency reports based on internal data e.g. spend through the company. For example:
o Annual, monthly and weekly revenue variance analysis
o In publisher or category exclusion and opportunity reports
o Sell through analysis
o Yield analysis
• Work with the Finance & Business Director to produce sales and financial budgets, forecasts and KPIs relevant to monitoring and increasing revenue and profitability. In particular:
o the daily Close Figures and End of Day reports
o the regular reports required by our Media Owner Partners
o Media Owner Partner profitability reviews (existing and new)
o Annual budgets and forecasts (both sales and financial)
• Work with the Finance & Operations Director, Head of Operations and Agency Trading Analyst to create, with our third-party IT partner, a range of reporting tools based on the existing CRM database
• Continually seek to improve processes and systems across the company
• Any other ad hoc analysis requested by management
• Strong mathematical skills
• Expert in Excel, competent in Word & Powerpoint
• Experience of using databases ideal but not mandatory: a lot of the role involves using the Dynamics 365 CRM system to extract data then turn it into information and then insight.
• Good attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and communicate with all levels of an organisation
We are an advertising sales house representing many of the largest publishing groups in the UK, with a sales operation that spans Inserts, Print and Digital. Our partners include Telegraph Media Group, Guardian News & Media, Reach plc, Hearst UK, TI Media Ltd, The Spectator 1828 and a host of smaller publishers including the Caravan & Motorhome Club, New Scientist, Hello! and Lonely Planet.