Information on the company
This company is one of the world’s leading English-language newspaper websites. This global media outlet is renowned for its agenda-setting journalism.
This is a graduate level role paying between £25,000 - £30,000 circa
Reporting to the Programmatic Optimisation Manager this is a Programmatic role based in the central Digital Operations & Optimisation team in the media outlet responsible for implementing and managing programmatic campaigns.
Purpose of the role:
This commercially focused role will drive revenue growth and profitability through the delivery of customer satisfaction (through ROI and exceptional customer service) and by leveraging data/insight to inform optimisation.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
We are looking for a Programmatic Optimisation Analyst with exceptional analytical, problem solving and innovative skills to help service the growth of digital revenue. This person will be using the programmatic trading platforms, working with the Programmatic Ops and Programmatic Sales team on how best to execute programmatic campaigns.
The Programmatic Optimisation Analyst will be involved in;
- The setup, activation, delivery, optimisation and reporting of managed campaigns, PMP deals, Programmatic Guaranteed and Audience Guaranteed across display, native and video formats globally
- Troubleshoot PMPs (preferred deals and private auctions) and monitor their health and delivery.
- Building and updating programmatic reports in Excel and/or BI tools to send to sales and the client.
- Will monitor and manage campaign performance, developing the most efficient strategies and ensuring delivery is on track
- Sharing insights and optimisations from the management of the campaign.
- Campaign trafficking and troubleshooting; including creative upload and pixel creation
- Pull reports from ad verification technologies in order to reduce blocking and improve viewability across campaigns
- Will support the Programmatic Optimisation Manager in defining, planning and delivering the ‘best practice’ framework for campaign management (tasks, schedules, processes) through which the team will work.
- Will support the Programmatic Optimisation Manager by keeping up to date with product updates that can drive innovation in our offering.
- Will support the Programmatic Optimisation team with strategic projects and investigations in order to drive transparency and growth in the programmatic proposition.
Key contacts and relationships (internal and external)
- Programmatic Optimisation Manager, Programmatic Optimisation team, Programmatic Sales Executives, Programmatic Account Directors, Clients
- Head of Programmatic Optimisation, Director of Digital Operations and Optimisation
Internal: Digital Operations, Digital Development, Media, Jobs & Labs
External: Agency partners, Clients, Technology partners
Key requirements of the role:
Knowledge and experience - Essential:
- Confident and knowledgeable at excel with an appetite for data driven decisions.
- Excellent abilities using and visualising data and analysis perhaps gained through Mathematics, science or engineering academic achievement or equivalent
- Proactive at communicating with key stakeholders to share insights and to raise challenges & solutions
- Curiosity and willingness to explore all parts of the programmatic ecosystem
- Confident liaising directly with sales and tech colleagues as well as technical support teams and clients to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Fantastic attention to detail and problem solving ability
- Can demonstrate effective workload prioritisation
Skills aptitudes and behaviours:
- Analysing & interpreting: Analysing/ applying expertise & technology/ reporting
- Supporting & co-operating: Team player / Adhering to principles & values
- Creating & conceptualising: Learning, researching & staying curious and motivated/ creating & innovating/ formulating strategies & concepts
- Tenacity: The desire to drive change and make improvements
- Organising & executing: Planning & organising/ delivering results & meeting customer expectations/ following instructions & procedures
- Adapting & Coping: adapting & responding to change with pressures & setbacks
- Enterprising & performing: Achieving personal work goals & objectives/ entrepreneurial & commercial thinking