Information on the company
Our client is a well-established digital design and digital marketing agency, who specialise in helping their clients attract the top employees.
They have developed a reputation for delivering cutting-edge web design, content marketing strategy and brand development with the aim of improving attraction, engagement and user experience.
This is a 3 month graduate internship, based in Bermondsey. paying £23k per annum - designed to convert into a permanent position
We're looking for a graduate to come on-board, joining the delivery team. You'll be helping support delivery of client support for small and medium sized projects and also managing small design requirements.
It requires strong people skills & some knowledge of Photoshop- no design qualifications needed though, we're happy to teach! The role is split 60:40 in terms of client support & design work.
How you can expect to spend your day
- Act as 1st line of support (phone and email) for clients, ensuring their websites always remain bug-free and high performing
- Ensure customer satisfaction and positive unsolicited feedback on work delivered (measured by regular post project, service and pulse surveys)
- Provide profitable and timely delivery of projects with minimal input from the Lead and Client Services Director, to agreed targets.
- Support the Project Managers in the design testing for careers site projects
- Support the Project Managers in the design tasks assigned to ongoing retainers and marketing services
- Support the Design Studio in the creation and delivery of both ad-hoc and bookable design pieces to a specified brief
- Support our Delivery lead in provision of ad-hoc activities related to the servicing of clients
- Support the Delivery lead in the design and delivery of new product features
- Support in the successful delivery of company upgrades and releases. This includes keeping clients informed throughout the process and supporting in the testing of new features and bug fixes
The ideal candidates skills and experience:
Personality & traits:
- Confident to speak with colleagues and clients about projects, retainers, issues, design etc.
- High EQ – able to understand what motivates and drives different people and to respond to situations differently, depending on personalities of those involved.
- Strong desire to deliver to the customer, beyond their expectations. Driven by the plaudits of a job well done.
- Obsessive attention to detail and an eye for design
- Creative – An ability to take on design work and deliver to a brief
- A sophisticated and confident communicator at all levels.
- Good time management - Hit deadlines and deliver beyond expectations. Constantly re-prioritise tasks to ensure correct work/clients are dealt with first. Ability to deal with multiple tasks/projects at any one time, always showing the client you are in control
- Resilient – abley to keep a cool head and to resolve problems in adversity
- Empathetic- able to "take a step back" and re-assess if needed. Awareness of colleagues around them that may be struggling. Offering help to those who need it, but not at the cost of your own accountabilities
- Focused on hitting KPIs and having a target to aim for..
Other Qualifiers for the role
- Able to use photoshop to make amendments such as:
- Move elements around
- Change button styles
- Edit text
- Change colours
- Save out work in jpeg of png
- Mask layers
- Embed smart objects
- Crop designs
- Examples showing previous design work would be desirable and an enthusiasm and passion for design would be ideal.
- Nb - you'll be mentored by a designed with over 15 years' experience - plus have support from other members of the delivery team
- Educated to graduate level - 2.1+ Russel group or similar
- Experience in a customer-focused environment
- Knowledge of Photoshop - InDesign & Illustrator also a bonus
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Small company with very strong team spirit
- The company has a proven track record in creating careers for its staff. Most of the company’s senior staff, including two of the Directors started in junior positions
- Clear progression from account exec to junior project manager, to senior account manager. Progression is actively encouraged by the senior team
- The company operates a flexible communications structure so your ideas and input in all aspects of the company (particularly within technical design and future strategy) are both welcomed and encouraged in their Quarterly staff forums with the senior team
- Vibrant Office with music and free snacks
- Annual weekend away in Europe for all staff
- Quarterly prizes for staff, nominated by peers
- Monthly ‘food for thought’ learning lunches with the team with an external inspiring speaker
- Early finish 430pm on a Friday!
- Summer and Christmas all team party
* No cover letters, please submit your CV to be considered*