Information on the company
An advertising platform which allows brands to affectively reach their target audience across video, social media and mobile advertising channels. With their headquarters in San Francisco and 16 offices worldwide this is a well-established business in the industry working with the likes of Universal Pictures, EE and American Express.
This is a 3 month paid internship. Salary: National Minimum Wage.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will join the Ad Operations team responsible for the successful launch, optimisation and management of client advertising campaigns. The Ad Operations team works closely with the Account Management team to ensure all campaigns are fully optimised in line with each client brief.
Full training will be provided.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Develop a strong understanding of the company systems and how the digital advertising industry operates.
- Manage the end to end coordination of client campaigns across display advertising, video and mobile campaigns in accordance with the company’s delivery systems.
- Learn how to control all assets relating to client campaigns by working with the Account Management team to ensure all assets are received and implemented on time and with no errors.
- Test all creative assets for compliance as well as functionality.
- Use tracking software from 3rd party providers to successfully monitor campaign success rate and optimisation.
- Daily management of campaigns to pro-actively spot errors, optimise and target relevant data and media.
- Produce campaign reports, identifying areas of success and failure to use for future strategy and feedback to clients.
- Work closely with Account Managers, the Sales Team and the Data Team to maximise campaign performance and revenue growth through efficient use of data, media and systems.
- Maintain margins for clients through effective buying, optimisation and error elimination.
- Cast a consistently critical eye over campaigns with a view to reducing errors and improving efficiency.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
This internship most suits a recent graduate looking to develop a successful career within the operations of digital advertising. This is not a client facing role nor does it involve the creative side of advertising campaigns, instead this role is about affectively using data to improve digital advertising campaigns and drive more relevant digital traffic to each client campaign.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- A natural communicator who is able to work with a range of people from different backgrounds.
- Strong experience working in Excel and other key Microsoft packages is essential.
- A strong desire to work in the digital advertising sector and to learn about Ad Serving Software.
- Any prior knowledge or understanding of how programmatic advertising works would be a bonus but not essential.
- Someone who would be excited to work in a fast paced tech business.
- A high attention to detail paramount.
- A natural team player who enjoys working in a team environment towards a common goal.
- Any knowledge of HTML5 would be a bonus.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Learn a huge amount in a short space of time and by doing so fast track your knowledge if the digital advertising sector.
- Fresh organic fruit in the office.
- Free breakfast designed by the “breakfast team”.
- A well-stocked beer and wine fridge for regular socials.