Information on the company
Founded in 1999 this company is a well-established publisher and events company for the wealth management and financial services industry. Based in St James’ Park with members of staff based in London, Switzerland and Singapore they provide the latest industry news and content to subscribers across the financial services and wealth management industry.
This is an entry level graduate job paying £20,000 - £23,000 per annum.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the business as a Research Associate to support the delivery of two large projects which you will have direct impact on, the first of which is a new product the company are launching in Autumn 2017 and the second is an annual guide to Private Asset Management in the UK. This is an excellent entry level position for a recent graduate looking to develop experience, knowledge and contacts of and within the UK’s financial services industry.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
- Work with the company’s analyst in updating the Customer Management System (CMS) to ensure the information held on banks, financial service providers, asset managers, turnover, staff numbers, location etc. is up to date and live for entry into the company’s annual directory which is released every 6 months.
- Check data records on banks against those the banks themselves release e.g. profit and loss, assets, transactional data etc.
- Liaise with clients directly to gain up to date info on their business stats and investments.
- Use online tools, as directed, to research and collate data on “Product service Providers” to the UK finance sector, e.g. software providers to wealth management firms, FinTech companies etc., this research will cover up to 10 different data points.
- Collate data from the 49 annual events the company produce and host.
- Other ad hoc research duties as they arise.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
- Educated to degree level.
- As this is a research based position, degree subjects that involved a lot of research would be a bonus.
- A mix of analytical skills and social skills to be able to interpret information and also liaise with partners and striking up good relationships.
- A personable character who enjoys research and problem solving.
- Able to prioritise workload when required and work towards deadlines.
- High attention to detail to spot the missing data.
- Looking to develop experience in either the finance sector or in a commercial research position.
What are the perks of working at this company?
- 3 days in the office 2 days out
- Huge breakout area in the office.
- Company phone and laptop provided if you decide to work some days from home which is an option for all employees.
- Gain influential contacts from within the UK finance sector
- Previous graduate placed in this role has been promoted twice and is now earning over £30k