Information on the company
Our client is a boutique insights and planning agency, specialising in qualitative techniques. They deliver high quality and inspiring insight to help their clients discover challenges, understand implications and inspire solutions to plan and develop brands, communications and products. Their specialty is in gaining deep qualitative consumer understanding to help their clients achieve more.
Their work takes place across the UK, Europe and beyond – their aim is to always deliver actionable and strategic insight in a clear, effective and imaginative way, with output including consumer collages, film and co-creation work.
Do you have strong research and analysis skills?
Are you passionate about people, brands and the interaction between the two?
Are you actively interested in a career in commercial market research?
If so, then this could be the role for you.
This is a 3 month contract on a starting salary of £18k-£20k depending on experience, with the aim to move in to a permanent position after this time.
A typical day would be:
- Input into proposals, discussion guides and stimulus following a brief from team members or a client
- Independently and with a team member, draft pre-task activities for both online and offline research
- Independently conduct a range of qualitative research methodologies including discussion groups, in-depth interviews and accompanied shops
- Set up, manage and moderate online qualitative communities, involving probing and interacting with participants, digitally
- Draft and write-up top line reports post-fieldwork
- Contribute to sections of debrief presentation
- Select key quotes from fieldwork notes to support analysis / insights
- Present sections of debriefs to clients, or with smaller projects present all findings
- Play a vital role in supporting the team throughout all aspects of projects (from proposal to debrief)
- Put together project schedules
- Organise recruitment for fieldwork, including briefing recruiters, handling day-to-day questions and queries
- Be comfortable ‘managing a market’ either UK or internationally, including carrying out / viewing fieldwork, briefing moderators in other markets or working with team in UK, liaising with clients
- Work alongside and support other team members at all stages of research
- Support freelance team members, including briefing them and working alongside them for analysis / write-up
- Contribute interesting and relevant think pieces to be published on LinkedIn and website
- Inform other team members of business news (whether in retail, tech, FMCG), including new relevant information for our clients
- Research relevant networking and industry events to attend (add to on-going networking excel doc)
- Participate in new business brainstorms
- Attend training courses / client conferences where possible
- Keep attending online webinars to keep us up to date and sharing findings with team
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
- You will have a firm understanding of the qualitative market research environment from your degree or prior internship
- You will be a confident and proactive individual who is looking to build experience in a small but growing research agency
- Passionate about people, brands and the intersection between the two
- Working directly with the founder and another senior team member you will thrive in a flexible environment, which provides significant opportunity to shape your career development
- Strong analysis and interpretation skills
- Experience or an interest in FMCG, retail and technology
Apply for this role