Information on the company
This company is a digital marketing business operating mainly in the sports industry with a focus on F1, golf and cycling. The company help their clients better understand the huge sums of data they collect and use this to create more effective marketing campaigns. The company email marketing software is used by some of the biggest brands in F1 such as Red Bull, Williams and Force India.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,100 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
What will you be doing on a daily basis?
You will join the Campaign Management team responsible for launching, monitoring, optimising and reporting on client campaigns.
This is the “engine room” of the business and a great place to start your education and development within the digital marketing industry.
Full training will be provided.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Spend the first few weeks learning how to use external analytic tools and the in house ad serving platform (which controls and optimises campaigns).
- Learn how to successfully launch campaigns.
- Learn how to monitor the success of a given campaign and within it identifying areas of success and improvement, this will involve numbers and data analysis.
- Learn how to optimise client campaigns, through reallocation of marketing budget to constantly improve campaign effectiveness.
- Produce client reports to give them insight as to where their marketing budget has been allocated and the results it’s driven, this is typically taking statistical data and producing easy to read charts, graphs etc. to display the results in an easy to read format.
- After this training period you will be gradually given live campaigns to manage yourself with a view to developing you into a campaign manager, ultimately taking full control of specific clients once your experience level is adequate.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications are:
The ideal candidate for this position is a recent graduate looking to kick start their career within digital marketing, sports marketing or data analysis. Due to the nature of the role it suits someone with a strong level of numeracy, a team player and an interest in sports would be a bonus.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level.
- A desire to learn a lot about digital marketing and what happens behind the scenes.
- Strong level of numeracy and someone comfortable dealing with large data sets.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator or other design programme would be beneficial in terms of producing client reports in an easy to read manner.
- Any interest in sports would be a bonus, especially Golf, Motorsports or Cycling.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- If you are interested in sports and emerging advertising technology, then the development opportunity available here is outstanding. You will begin your media career and learn alongside respected industry professionals, in an exciting fast-paced and sometimes glamorous environment. The company holds regular social gatherings in their local pub and employees enjoy hospitality at some of the biggest sporting events.
- The office is an open and welcoming environment complete with PlayStation and putting green.