Title: Market Research Internship - Private Equity - London
Role/Sector: Banking and finance | Market research
Location: Central London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £16,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
A FCA regulated independent corporate finance business specialising in advisory services to the private sector across mergers, acquisitions, and private equity transactions. The company has broad experience across multiple industry sectors such as fintech, mobile technology, energy, leisure and gaming.
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,300 per month with the potential to convert to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
Much of the company’s decisions and strategy are built on market research, insight, industry knowledge and how this knowledge is interpreted. You will join the business to assist with this market research work which will be a great introduction to the private equity and financial consulting industry.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• The majority of your time will be spent on market research which is a vital part of the businesses to build a clear picture of a given market, sector, region or a combination of these.
• As directed by the company director you will be given briefs to find stats and information on given companies, sectors or markets e.g. through news articles, industry forums and websites.
• Pull together insight and produce reports or presentations for the senior management team to use when evaluating a range of different investment opportunity.
• Make it your business to stay up to date with breaking news within target sectors e.g. a new tech business raising capital or hiring an experienced chairman, interpreting this information and identifying the aspects which are meaningful from an investment point of view.
• Help create client presentations for specific briefs outlining the investment opportunity, status of an investment or proposed strategy for the consulting work in question.
Tell us about your ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
• Educated to degree level.
• Excellent written English and command of grammar.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular PowerPoint and Word.
• A clear and concise communicator.
• An interest in the financial services, private equity and acquisitions sectors.
• Comfortable with desk based research, reading lots of articles and putting together client presentations or company reports.
• Comfortable working in a small team where your working objectives can change depending on the immediate needs of the company.
• Any prior work experience in the finance or consulting sectors would be a bonus.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Due to the size of the team you’ll be given genuine responsibility and gain excellent exposure to the investment and M&A industry.
• The company is growing rapidly in terms of the deals they’re working on and as such will offer ample career progression.