Title: Finance & Accounting Internship | £18K | Fintech | Amazing London Office
Role/Sector: Banking and finance | Operations and logistics | Market research
Location: Central London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 6 months
Paid or Expenses: Paid
Salary: £18,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
An award winning fintech start-up specialising in providing business finance to help small businesses grow further and faster. In 5 years the company has already lent over £150m through their award winning technology platform. After raising capital to grow the business and recently opening operations in Germany, Spain, Poland this is a fantastic time to join the business.
This is a 6 month internship paying £1,500 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company to support the senior management team with company strategy and financial analysis. This internship will most suit a recent graduate interested to learn and develop experience in business analysis, financial controlling or the Fintech sector more widely.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Work closely and support the CFO, Financial Controller and Finance Team.
• Support the CEO and leadership team in fundraising projects.
• Work on cash flow analysis to support investment decisions across the business.
• Help improve internal accounting and financial processes.
• Conduct strategic market and competitor analysis.
• Assisting the Finance Team with daily and monthly tasks.
• Prepare management information for the rest of the business, the board and company investors.
• Cost and headcount analysis.
• Processing invoices and expenses.
• Reconciliations and bookkeeping.
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Be a recent graduate from a top university with a minimum 2:1.
• Strong academic record.
• Interested to learn about the factors that make a company grow.
• Be able to think on your feet and take ownership of your work.
• Be eager and able to take on responsibility from an early point in your career.
• Possess an analytical mindset, excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
• German or Polish language skills would be an advantage (but not essential).
• Some work experience in finance, accounting, banking or consultancy would be advantageous.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Pool, Foosball and Ping Pong tables (and regular tournaments!).
• Whether it's in a hammock or on a sofa or bean bag, there is plenty of space to chill out.
• Plenty of drinks and snacks (healthy and unhealthy).
• Subsidised gym membership and restaurant discounts in Oxford Circus, to work off the unhealthy snacks.
• Various sports teams including football, running, cycling and climbing.
• A super smart team of really nice people.
• Company work retreats to great destinations, such as the French Alps for some January skiing, or the Balearic Islands for some late summer sun.
• All UK bank holidays plus 25 days holiday per year (pro rata), and a day off for your birthday – they want you fresh and fully charged.