Information on the company
Our client is a company that provides risk management, market data as well as other services to leading global banks, hedge funds and proprietary trading groups. Through strategic partnerships and in-house development, our client has developed a range of industry leading products and solutions.
This is a grad job from day one, offering up to £22K per annum.
How you can expect to spend your day:
Grow to become the expert in: How to manage the Administration of Market Data ?
- How does each data provider (e.g. stock exchange) license usage of data by applications?
- How is each user/application currently licensed?
- If there are gaps, proactively manage the resulting risk.
- Administration of contracts for market data services
- Use of the inventory management system and service provision tools.
Understand the scope of Market data
- Includes vendor services, exchange data, indices, ratings, broker feeds and providers of fixings rates.
- Initially focusing on the European stock exchanges
Learn how to manage the MDSL database and service allocation systems
- Self-certification of user and application usage.
- Invoice reconciliations.
- Process documentation
Assist with managing audits
- Provide data on request to the analysts, procurement team and auditors, coordinating with Business stake holders.
- Defender: reconcile and challenge vendor/exchange costs and audit findings, escalate and involve procurement as appropriate
- Work with cost centre owners to explain, allocate and authorise payments
- Manage post audit on-going licensing.
- Maintain application questionnaires.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to license applications as requirements change.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Drive to deliver outstanding customer service
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Dedicated and able to work to deadlines
- Ownership and follow up skills
- Able to work both as part of a team or under own initiative
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and performance
- Have a positive attitude to customer problems and incidents in a high-pressured environment
- Looking for progression within an IT or Service Management career
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications
- Working knowledge of Visio for technical diagrams
- Understanding of IP networks and traffic, firewalls, routing etc.
- Degree in Computing and or IT
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- Exposure to the financial markets, an area which is difficult to get into unless you have previous experience. You will learn how networks are connected, how market data that the company provides is used by Tier 1 banks and smaller hedge funds.
- This is a demanding role; giving you the opportunity to learn an area of IT that is core to all organisations.