Title: Graduate Accounting Assistant - Corporate Finance - Central London
Role/Sector: Banking and finance
Location: Central London
Placement: Internship (going permanent)
Duration: 3 months
Salary: £20,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
A FCA regulated independent corporate finance business specialising in advisory services to the private sector across mergers, acquisitions, and private equity transactions. The company has broad experience across multiple industry sectors such as fintech, mobile technology, energy, leisure and gaming.
This is a 3 month paid internship. Salary: £20k.
How can you expect to spend your day?
• Apply basic accounting principles to the financial statements of company’s the business are reviewing and considering to invest in, this will include producing cash flow statements, balance sheets and profit and loss statements.
• Evaluating profit plans.
• Analysing current and past financial data and performance.
• Coordinating with other members of the team to review financial information and forecasts.
• Evaluate profit and loss efficiencies in various areas of the organisation as needed.
• Exploring investment opportunities.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications are:
• Educated to degree level, degrees relating to Finance and Accounting are preferred.
• Business school graduates would be of interest.
• Someone who understands cash flows, balance sheets and profit and loss reports.
• Someone working towards their ACCA or CIMA accounting qualifications is preferred although previous work experience in accounting could replace this.
• A recent graduate looking to develop a career in the corporate finance or financial services sector.
• A highly numerical individual.
• A strategic thinker.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• This is a brilliant entry level graduate job for a recent graduate with an interest in Accounting and Finance, and looking for a first step onto the career ladder.
• You will be given greater responsibility by joining a smaller company rather than by joining a larger firm which will fast track your professional work experience.