Information on the company
Our client is an exciting new company designed to change the way the world invests. We are a data and analytics start-up building tools to optimise the social and environmental impact of investment portfolios. They are well funded, revenue-generating and backed by clients with $1TN of assets under management.
They are for a booming industry: one third of all the world’s capital ($90 trillion) is now committed to investing sustainably or for impact, and this next generation of investors need data on the impact performance of portfolios.
They have a bold ambition and they care deeply about improving the code of our capitalist system, and they commit to giving all the energy we have to their mission and to you as a core member of their team.
This is a 5 month internship based in Central London, offering £19k - £21K
Day-to-day activities will include…
To find, extract and tag impact and sustainability data within company reports to populate the company database.
This will involve:
- Searching across 500 companies and c. 1,000 company reports (already downloaded) for data on a defined KPI related to corporate sustainability
- Extracting the KPI value for each company, capturing any relevant assumptions. We will initially be collecting this data in excel and then, when it is ready, within our bespoke-built web-based document reader and database.
- For KPIs that do not fit into pre-defined fields, you will create a new KPI field and ensure all relevant data is captured
- Connecting daily / weekly with our Research Leads (NY/London) to address queries you have, support you in achieving your goal and review data you have captured.
- Our expectation is that you will complete c. 15 reports per day, spending 30 mins per report.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications…
- Precise, attention to detail, persistent: relentlessly focused on finding the right number
- Organised, ability to keep lists and update on progress at the end of each day
- Preference for problem solvers who are able to raise issues that are roadblocks so that we can move ahead quickly
- You have a geek streak and like numbers! Ideally you’ve studied finance & accounting, statistics, physics, engineering or similar
- English language proficiency a must
What are the perks of working at this company?
- A unique opportunity to learn from two recognised thought-leaders within the impact and sustainability community. The Founders, have over 30 years combined experience, and will be working directly with you on daily basis
- Be part of a start-up team that take a product from concept to reality. Although we are a new business, we have clients and investors so we are both revenue-generating and well-funded. This gives us confidence that what we are building is highly-valuable to investors and unique
- You will be part of a team of analysts, based in Central London; and will work alongside each other. Once you are settled into the role we are open to discussing potentially flexible working arrangements (case-by-case basis)
Apply for this role