Information on the company
We are an online platform that facilitates the movement of items across the UK and Europe at a discounted rate. Launched in 2009, we now have over 3.5 million users and 70,000 transport companies, bringing efficiency and cost savings into a fragmented market.
Initially we launched in a reverse-auction style, offering customers a range of quotes from trusted transport providers, eliminating the gruelling search process usually involved in arranging a delivery, and allowing them to choose the best quote for their individual needs.
Continuously evolving, we now offer a more cutting edge, on-demand solution alongside the traditional auction environment - including instant prices and immediate booking.
We are partnered with some of the UK’s largest companies including Zoopla, Rightmove, Gumtree and Preloved.
This is a graduate level 3-6 month internship paying London Living Wage, with a view to converting to a full-time graduate role.
How you can expect to spend your day:
We are looking for someone who will get involved in a growing part of our business which is optimisation. The better that we optimise our routes for our drivers the more margin we make, the cheaper we can make our prices and then the more the drivers make.
The successful candidate will oversee the third-party software used – knowing the ins and outs. They will also have to work with people in the business who are involved in this sector- so communication is really key part of it.
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
What are the perks of working at this company?
- Good knowledge of excel
- Operational, commercial, and upbeat
- Fun, personable person
- Work hard, play hard attitude
- Strong communication skills- you’ll be working very closely with a few team members
- Having MYSQL experience will really help out – though not essential
Please note, this role includes 3 weekdays at work plus Saturday (9-3) and Sunday (9-3) - although options to work from home during the weekend is available
- Competitive salary
- Free coffee every morning served by our barista
- Drinks fridge + beers every Friday
- Fun, sociable office with ping pong and bean bags
- Great place to learn with an awesome team with it.
- Subsidised gym membership
- This is a challenging and exciting role, with lots of potential and room to grow within the company.
*No cover letters, please just submit your CV to be considered*