Information on the company
Our client is subsidiary of a multi-award-winning sports betting company in London. They’re a highly focused team built up of Mathematicians, Statisticians and Computer Scientists at the top of their field, who utilise advanced statistical methods in order to predict the outcomes of future events.
This is a permanent position paying £35-45k per annum (depending on skill level) + bonus.
We’re looking for a data analyst who enjoys solving challenging mathematical problems to perform statistical analysis, modelling and risk management. There’s some real variation with the projects you’ll be working in – and you can expect to be involved from start to completion.
Day to day responsibilities:
Ideally you have:
- Working in a team maintaining an existing sports betting system
- Seeking to optimise the model and outcomes using both your theoretical and practical skills
- Writing data analysis scripts and reports as required to aid your own comprehension and in response to requests from senior colleagues
What are the perks of working at this company?
- A Mathematical, Statistical or Computer Science background from a top tier university
- Advanced knowledge of Probabilistic Modelling or Data Analysis
- Experience using Python or R – vital!
- Any experience using C++ or VBA a bonus
- A curious mind to push the boundaries of what is possible in the industry
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, Adaptable and hungry to learn
- Flexible to work outside normal hours- some of the projects you’ll be owning will be for major sports events that fall on evenings and weekends
- That being said, you can work from home as much as you like and there is a lot of flexibility with the standard office hours
* No cover letters required, please just submit your CV to be considered*
- You’ll be working on some really rewarding projects- with a lot of responsibility from the outset
- We’re based in a boutique shared workspace in a fantastic location
- Casual office with very flexible working hours
- Plenty of opportunities to progress and upskill within the business
- A really rewarding bonus scheme, based on company performance
Apply for this role