Information on the company
Our client is a boutique which was established in 2018. Their aim is to help provide sophisticated investors with access to the exciting and rapidly-evolving distributed ledger technology and crypto asset growth story
The longer-term aim of the role would be to primarily focus on sourcing and analysing global investment ideas within the distributed ledger technology and crypto asset fund universe. Much of the initial work will be on supporting the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer in the setting up of internal processes and workflows in the lead up to launch. The role will assume responsibility across various lines of the business, with the long-term aim of developing into a key member of the team and drive the company forward.
- Set up and maintain internal databases.
- Folder management and administrative functions.
- Ensure that all processes, analysis, models and spreadsheets are documented, maintained and stored in line with policies.
- Assist with due diligence and research on DLT and crypto asset managers globally.
- Assist with the analysis of research findings through qualitative and quantitative means.
- Arrange research meetings with external managers, liasing with sales representatives and collecting investment documents.
- Attend meetings and write up appropriate research notes to support investment ideas.
- Attend committee meetings and write formal minutes.
- Attend fund manager meetings, investor updates and industry conferences.
- Assist with the promotion of the firm’s brand name externally.
Principal Contacts (e.g. External Companies):
- Asset managers
- External research providers
- External fund service providers
Key Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree.
- Several years of investment management experience preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other skills, competencies and attributes:
- Career-focused, with strong desire to progress within a start-up.
- An interest in the financial markets and the DLT and crypto asset class.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in an intense environment.
- A quick learner with good analytical, written and numerical skills.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Proactive, self-motivated and enthusiastic; multi-tasker.
- Personable, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills.