Title: C# Developer | £30K - £45K | Hedge Fund | Cambridge
Industry: IT and programming
Role/Sector: Coding | IT and computing | Back-end coding
Placement: Graduate job (permanent)
Salary: £30,000 (per annum)
Information on the company
An exciting and emerging hedge fund based on a systematic platform focused on the Forex market. The company is made up of a young and dynamic team from a variety of backgrounds to cover the different aspects of the business.
This is a permanent job paying a basic salary of £22,000 - £24,000 for a graduate or £30,000 - £45,000 for an individual with 1-2 years experience.
Day-to-day activities of the role:
You will join a small but fast growing team and as such will be expected to take initiative and ownership of your work from an early stage, being able to work both independently and under pressure.
• Continuous improvement of the core trading platform
• Build multiple connections to new brokers and data feeds
• Maintain a high accuracy of simulation of strategy performance
• Scalable back-end architecture to realise more complex and computationally intensive ideas
• Influence design and implementation decisions
• Work closely with traders and external users
The ideal candidate skills, education and experience are:
Requirements and key skills:
• Demonstrable C# knowledge
• Excellent record of academic achievement in a suitable field (strong Maths background is preferred)
• Prior experience developing high quality software utilising C# is preferred
• Appreciation of good software architecture e.g. core algorithms and data structures
• Excellent communication skills to non-developers
• Excellent attention to detail, drive and determination to complete tasks
• Willing to take initiative and ownership of tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and under pressure
• No finance experience required
Desired skills but not pre-requisites:
• Database knowledge and experience
• Project Management experience
• Crisis Management experience
• Strong Maths background
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
What are the perks of working for this company?
• You will be a part of a young and dynamic team who are driving the business forward making this a really exciting working environment.
• As this is a hedge fund, the company share profits with its staff directly related to the company performance making this a highly incentivised team to build a brilliant company, staff are currently receiving a 50% increase on their basic salary in bonuses which are paid twice per year.