Information on the company
Our client is a not-for-profit membership organisation with over 160,000 members and an annual turnover of £7m. Part funded by the Cabinet Office, their vision is to inspire their members to explore new ways to be active and healthy. Membership is open to the public sector and provide a diverse range of activities (both physical and social) connecting people and promoting wellness and fun.
This is a 3 month internship with the potential to turn permanent, based in High Wycombe with a starting salary of £18,000.
How you expect the candidate to spend their day:
To retain as many members as possible whose membership has or is due to expire, utilising all available channels for successful member communication
• Improve retention of members
• Place outbound calls to members whose payment has lapsed.
• Receive inbound calls from members who wish to cancel.
• Take membership payments and ensure membership records up to date.
• Assess calls and adapt length and tone according to likelihood of retention.
• Gain full knowledge of the benefits of membership to support retention contact with members.
• Develop script(s) to respond to member feedback during cancellation calls.
• Process required communications, primarily e-mails.
• Maintain accurate records in Data/Customer Relationship Management system in accordance with data protection requirements.
• Measure and report on retention rates across payment methods, reasons for cancellation, as well as other fields as requested.
• Optimise retention activity and ensure agreed retention targets are met.
Provide an excellent level of customer service at all times, building a good rapport with members and liaising with other departments to resolve customer queries
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications:
• Showing initiative
• Respectful communication
• Collaborative approach
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Owning your development
• Getting the best from others
• Taking responsibility
• Being honest and constructive
• Openness to change
• An excellent telephone manner, demonstrating courtesy, empathy and respect
• Experience of dealing with customers either face to face or over the telephone.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A good working knowledge of MS Office, CRM and or Data Management Systems.
• Experience of consistently achieving individual targets or deadlines.
• Good written communication skills.
• A passion for customer service and a positive attitude
• Effective negotiation skills.
• An assertive approach.
• Previous experience in sales, retention, promoting products or telephone based customer service
• Experience in complaint handling
• Experience of a similar role held previously within a membership organisation
Apply for this role