Information on the company
Our client is Europe’s leading airline flying more than 82 million passengers to more than 33 countries! But they’re not just known for their size and innovation, they’re known around the world for their incredible staff who are at the heart of everything they do.
Reporting into the Commercial Director, this role acts as a stepping stone into the commercial team. The role will provide exposure across the full breadth of the Commercial function, working in support of the commercial leadership team, with the following accountabilities:
- Ownership of the end to end weekly trading cycle, including management of the airline’s weekly network trading forum and the preparation for fortnightly trading updates to the Airline Management Board
- Focus on the market trends and trading performance of destination markets
- Supporting the cross-commercial planning activity to ensure coherence across all divisions
- Ad hoc cross-commercial initiatives and deep dives
>Manage the company's end to end weekly trading cycle, ensuring the process is continuously optimized and managed efficiently
>Own the production of agendas and supporting materials for weekly airline trading forum and fortnightly AMB trading updates, ensuring actions are tracked and delivered
>Analyse destination markets’ trading performance to identify opportunities and challenges to drive continuous performance improvement
- Understand the implications of external market dynamics and competitor activity on the business and react accordingly with appropriate development of revenue and commercial strategies.
- Work with Regional Heads of Trading to deploy trading levers to respond to market dynamics
- Deliver regular updates on destination markets’ trading performance including airline executives and business owners
>Help develop a trading culture across the business to support overall airline Trading performance
>Support the creation and development of Commercial tools/systems
>Maintain awareness of the competitive and industry landscape to identify trends and opportunities for improved commercial performance
>Support the development of the commercial function’s annual and 3-5 year functional plans, working closely with the commercial leadership team to set out:
- the company's over-arching commercial strategy
- Key development initiatives to support the strategy
- the company's overall talent and development strategy for commercial
>Lead cross-commercial initiatives as required, building virtual delivery teams to drive impact
- Ownership and Delivery. Proven track record of distinctive accountability to lead the formulation and execution of the airline’s trading strategy
- Embraces a fast paced environment: Excited to tackle large, dynamic challenges head on and motivated by the opportunity to work at the heart of the airline’s revenue generation engine
- Building Relationships. Expresses ideas confidently and clearly, builds positive and constructive relationships with others, gets to know colleagues within their own team and supports them to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Innovation and Change. Open to new ways of doing things and questions existing approaches, views change as an opportunity, comfortable working in a dynamic and ambiguous environment.
- Leadership and Team Management. Build, lead and motivate an effective team. Provide leadership and direction for a results oriented team.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong commercial leadership potential, with an ability to interact comfortably with senior leaders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build productive relationships both internally and externally with clear evidence of strong influencing skills
- Intellectual curiosity and intrinsically driven to achieve excellence
- Able to develop, design and input in to new processes in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A self-starter, with a strong sense of initiative, teamwork and flexibility
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, organisational, stakeholder engagement and tracking skills
- Ability to progress multiple initiatives at the same time, whilst prioritising effectively
- Organised, highly numerate and analytical with excellent attention to detail